Sunday 24 December 2017

December 2017

December marking beginning of yet another development year for remake of the Little Big Adventure. This is for me personally pretty depressing moment but in the same time really impressive one. How the hell I survived so long working on this project ? I asking the same question for already eight years but I start to think that the answer really don't matter so much. Here and now I'm glad to announce that:

Little Big Adventure : The Remake
is already 8th year in production

There won't be to much celebration here just some summary and vision for upcoming year. Right now I taking Christmas break to recharge batteries. But generally whole big changed that I do right now put whole project in some kind of quantum state where its working and not working at the same time.

So lets start with things that don't work. And this would be a lot of things: Undo in level editor. Something broke in player controls and now Twinsen moving funny, there is no shadows and grass sampling colour from terrain not work the way it should. If this wouldn't be enough we have missing brush for terrain edition, missing control over world properties,  disabled picking of items in game, some issues with releasing memory when application closing and finally few asserts hitting here and there. I'm sure that I missed something (probably a lot of them) but I really don't want to bother checking what are this stuff.

But hey there are also some positive things: Game loading and I can run around. New way of generating terrain gives nice results and I already recovered part of its edition. There is also once again visible vegetation (grass) and I know that it may not look perfect but this is good start. The most important thing I left for end:

I still didn't gave up.

I know that we have end of the year and schedule for TD3 is really tight but I want to believe that we will make it. This may sound like dream of small kid but hey isn't this is what all this is about ? No matter how old we are there is always something from child in us so we should cherish this part and never give up on our dreams because one day they may finally come true. That is why:

CoffeMonsters wish you for this Christmas and for New Year that no matter how old you are, you will find inside yourself this childish side that will make you follow your dreams and have fun from doing that. I believe that one day this dreams may come true.

We will be back next year with more development news.

Greg Wojciechowski

No comments:

Post a Comment