Sunday 11 September 2016

In between #1

"I will spend my time on gameplay." I thought at begin of the month. But next two weeks quickly proved me how wrong I was. It also shown me how immature White Rabbit Technology is. Don't understand me wrong. All pieces I need are there but they require changes to be usable.


So far most of  my problems is related to evolution of technology in last 1-2 years. Physics code wasn't really properly improved, there were some untested code paths and my approach to some stuff changed.

In weeks like that I sometimes think that it would be a lot easier for me to just abandon this project. But then I always return to it in next days. Dreams won't come true on their own. 

Greg

10 comments:

  1. Don't worry even if I sometimes think about this I don't plan to :) I really want to finish this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By watching your videos I just can't wait for this remake, I even made a fan art :)

    http://vividsombre.deviantart.com/art/Little-Big-Adventure-Beneath-Citadel-633740561

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, you done nice picture there. I like it :)

      Delete
    2. I also like it!
      This is just another interesting idea to think about. What if Twinsen will have a magic ability to create a light (flashlight) to light up dark places?

      Delete
    3. I will need to think about this because it may add nice mechanic to game.

      Delete
    4. I will need to think about this because it may add nice mechanic to game.

      Delete
    5. Yeah, you also can add an easter egg, linked to 2Dark game, created by Frédérick Raynal - completely dark room or place where you have to find a way out or find something using a torch / sphere of light / etc.
      You can do it in the Dome of the slate, for example. It looks like Frédérick Raynal thought about this type of game long time ago.

      Delete
    6. Yeah we have a lot of ester eggs in mind already. But let's not talk about them to not spoil too much fun. About 2Dark ester eggs you will need to check on your own in game is there will be any:D

      Delete